Durham Friends Meeting
Welcome to the Durham Friends Meeting (Quaker)
- We are a community of people who gather for worship and fellowship on Sunday mornings, and who attempt to carry the experience of spiritual centeredness and guidance into their lives during the week.
- All are welcome to join us as we worship in the traditional “unprogrammed” manner of Friends. We have no ritual, liturgy, creed, sermon or prepared music.
- All of our activities are organized and conducted by our members and volunteers. We have no paid clergy or staff.
- Durham Meeting was founded in 1937. It is affiliated both with North Carolina Yearly Meeting (Conservative) and with the Friends General Conference through its local affiliate, Piedmont Friends Fellowship.
- We welcome your inquiry or visit!
A list of upcoming Meeting events scheduled updated monthly (also, search "Meeting Calendar").
All interested adults and teens are invited to attend Durham Meeting's annual “Quakerism-101” mini course beginning on Thursday evening, January 19th. Bob Passmore and John Hunter will be your guides.
The revision process for the Faith and Practice Book of Discipline of North Carolina Yearly Meeting (Conservative) is now well underway. We have several sections at various steps in the revision process.
Construction Committee Report to Business Meeting, 11th Month, 2016
Please mark your calendars for the meeting-wide retreat on Undoing Racism, Friday, October 14, 5:30-8:00 pm and Saturday, October 15, 8:30-4:00. Childcare and a program for youth will be provided.
Agenda: 11am Worship Noon, Lunch 1 pm Interim Body meeting
Topic:GI counseling at Quaker House of Fayetteville (which Durham Meeting helped to found.)
Worship with us!
- 8:30- 9:30 am: Early Worship.
- 10:00-11:00 am: Meeting for Worship.
- 10:15-11:00 am: Programs for Children.
- 11:00-11:45 am: Welcome, announcements & fellowship.
- 11:45am: Forum or other event when scheduled (search "Meeting Calendar").
We welcome a new meeting nearby in Hillsborough:
Eno Friends Meeting of Hillsborough
Sundays, 11:00 am-12:00 noon at
Margaret Lane Gallery and Studios
121 W. Margaret Lane, Hillsborough, NC
Contact Eno Friends by email
(pklever "at" earthlink.net)