Madison Friends Meeting
We welcome you to explore the Madison Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends. In worship we gather for an hour to listen for the presence of Spirit within-- our inward teacher. We wait in the power of this silent communion which is the foundation of our worship.
The spiritual quality of our faith and practice has been enriched over the years by the full participation and leadership of all Friends and friends. We celebrate the inclusion of individuals, couples, or families of all backgrounds and constellations in every aspect of the life of our Meeting.
Please browse our site to learn more about our Meeting and about Quakers!
We are an FGC-affiliated, unprogrammed meeting.
(Friends General Conference)
Jan 15, 9:45 am - Upgrading the Meetinghouse: Bathrooms and more. Buildings & Grounds Committee invites you to consider detailed bathroom proposals. Detailed drawings and preliminary architect opinions will help us address concerns about aging inadequate facilities and the future shape of our community’s home. There’s a lot to reflect on so we ask participants to be prompt.
Beginning February 12, 2016 we'll be switching to an 11:15 start time for First Day School classes, with children joining adults in worship upstairs at 12:00. This is a change from the current practice (Until Feb 12 we'll still be on the old schedule: take your children with you to Meeting at 11:15 and they'll go to downstairs at 11:30.)
First Day School teachers will be incorporating activities to support children in the transition to worship.
Guidelines for Responding to Allegations or Admission of Child Sexual Abuse
Madison Monthly Meeting
As Approved at Called Meeting: March 29, 2015
Late Worship begins at 11:15 am, First Day School begins at 11:30 am.
- 8:30 - 9:30 am: Early worship
- 9:45 - 11:00 am: Meeting for Business 1st Sundays, Gathering programs other weeks.
- *11:15 am - 12:15 pm: Late worship. First Day School 11:30 - 12:15
NOTE: Dec 25 there will be ONE Meeting for Worship at 10:00 am.
The Meeting will host a gathering of two committees from Friends World Committee for Consultation, Section of the America’s (FWCC-SOA) on November 18 and 19th, joining us for worship on the 20th. Approximately 20 Friends from as far away as Bolivia, Guatemala , New York, El Salvador and Portland, OR will be attending. This meeting is primarily focused on committee work, which is confidential, BUT there will be times when MMM Friends are invited to join the group:
Dec 18 First Day School—Holiday Sharing
Dec 25 Doug Kirk (One Meeting at 10:00 am)
Jan 1 Susan Greenler
Jan 8 Clerks Team
Worship with us!
FIRST DAY (Sunday): Meetings for worship: 8:30a.m. and 11:15a.m.
- Weekly Gathering Program & Fellowship: 9:45 to 11 a.m. Food and various activities for all ages.
- Nursery childcare is provided for young children downstairs during 11:15 Meeting for Worship and other times as announced.
- Our high schoolers begin their program at 11:15. Prior to Feb. 12 other children and youth go to their own programs after attending the first 15 minutes of 11:15 worship. Starting Feb. 12 they will go to FDS at 11:15 and join upstairs worship at 12:00. Find out more about our First Day School and how to register on the First Day School page.
SECOND DAY (Monday): Meeting for Worship: 5:30 p.m.
FOURTH DAY(Wednesday): Meeting for Worship: 5:30 p.m.