Madison Friends Meeting
We welcome you to explore the Madison Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends. In worship we gather for an hour to listen for the presence of Spirit within-- our inward teacher. We wait in the power of this silent communion which is the foundation of our worship.
The spiritual quality of our faith and practice has been enriched over the years by the full participation and leadership of all Friends and friends. We celebrate the inclusion of individuals, couples, or families of all backgrounds and constellations in every aspect of the life of our Meeting.
Please browse our site to learn more about our Meeting and about Quakers!
We are an FGC-affiliated, unprogrammed meeting.
(Friends General Conference)
Saturday March 4 – 1 PM A Memorial Meeting for Worship for Lea Heine will be held in the Meeting House. Friends are invited to bring finger food for refreshments following the meeting for worship.
***REMINDER: Feb 12 - NEW First Day School schedule begins:
On 2/12 we'll be switching to an 11:15 start time for classes with children joining adults in worship at 12:00.
This is a change from past practice where children began upstairs.
- Please bring children to classes at 11:15.
- First Day School teachers will be incorporating activities to support children in the transition to worship.
Hope and Effective Action on Capitol Hill
A Conversation with Riley Robinson from the Friends Committee on National Legislation (FCNL).
A public event.
Feb 26, 9:45 -11:00 am Quaker Topics forum - FCNL: Our Quaker Voice for the Public Good.
An introduction, queries and resources in preparation for the Feb 19 Gathering topic on vocal ministry:
There are many options for volunteers to work with our young people. Time commitments vary, so you may find a job that fits your schedule as well as your leading.
URGENT! We need one lead teacher in the younger elementary class (K-2nd grade) in the next month or two to replace a teacher who will be stepping down. Lead teachers will find well-organized resources in our library for preparing lessons with assistance of the FDS coordinator. Time commitment is one to two classes per month.
Worship with us!
FIRST DAY (Sunday): Meetings for worship: 8:30a.m. and 11:15a.m.
- Weekly Gathering Program & Fellowship: 9:45 to 11 a.m. Food and various activities for all ages.
- Nursery childcare is provided for young children downstairs during 11:15 Meeting for Worship and other times as announced.
- Our high schoolers begin their program at 11:15. Prior to Feb. 12 other children and youth go to their own programs after attending the first 15 minutes of 11:15 worship. Starting Feb. 12 they will go to FDS at 11:15 and join upstairs worship at 12:00. Find out more about our First Day School and how to register on the First Day School page.
SECOND DAY (Monday): Meeting for Worship: 5:30 p.m.
FOURTH DAY(Wednesday): Meeting for Worship: 5:30 p.m.