Registration for the 2017 FGC Gathering will open April 3, 2017 at approximately 10:00 a.m. Please return to this page then.
Decisions to Make Before Registering
When you have made these five decisions and prepared your email inbox for our messages, expect to spend 30 minutes to register one person, and 10-15 minutes for each subsequent person.
- Are you attending a pre-Gathering event?
- Choose your first, second, and third choice workshops.
- Choose housing and a meal plan for each person.
- Full-time, half-time, or part-time? On-campus housing is only available for full-time and half-time registrants. High School and Junior Gathering participants must be full-time and attend the entire Gathering.
- Arrival date. The Gathering begins Sunday July 2. Friends are welcome to arrive as early as Friday June 30. Read the conditions for High School early arrivals. Still confused? Read more about when to arrive.
- Email Address for all those you are registering. Individual email addresses are used for identification and evaluation.
- Do you have a reliable e-mail address? Please list addresses for each individual. This saves FGC money and time, and you can receive important Gathering information quickly.
- Want paper correspondence mailed to you? Use [email protected] if you do not use reliable e-mail.
- Want your older children to receive correspondence directly? Put their e-mail addresses with their name, and list your own as the “copy to” address to receive a copy of any information to them.
- Want to receive all e-mail for your children? List your own e-mail address as theirs. If you want another parent or a sponsor to receive e-mail as well, you can list that person's address as the "copy to" address.
- Emergency Contact : Who do you want us to contact in the event of an emergency? It should be someone NOT coming to the Gathering. We will ask you for a name and phone number.
- Volunteering? Every teenage and adult registrant is asked to volunteer for at least two hours. The Gathering's success depends on the volunteer efforts of many. All Gathering attenders can sign up to volunteer when they register, or at the Lend-A-Hand table at the Gathering. See our volunteer job list for advance options. More service opportunities will be available when you check in.
- Financial aid needs? How much do you need to attend? What have you asked your meeting? What amount are you requesting from FGC?
- Any donations? There will be an opportunity to decide whether you want to donate toward Gathering scholarships, the Bayard Rustin Fund, and/or the Green Meetinghouse (Carbon Offset) Fund. If there is something different you had in mind for a donation, please contact the FGC Development Office.
Last year, many Gathering registrants found that they missed important information because our emails went to their spam folder. We’ve made some changes this year that we hope will improve email delivery, but we need your help! Please take five minutes now to help us keep our emails out of your spam folder. You are not registered until you receive the confirmation letter!
You Only Know You've Registered When...
... you receive a confirmation email from [email protected]. See "allow Gathering email" to make sure you receive the confirmation. If you do not receive the confirmation email, contact the Gathering Office for help.