There is a Quaker Cloud website specifically for Central Committee members with minutes, resources, reports, meeting information, and correspondence from FGC staff.
Your username and password are the same for all FGC website use. If you have a login for your meeting's Quaker Cloud site, or QuakerBooks, or an FGC committee, your Central Committee login will be the same. If you get an "Access Denied" message, look for "Log in" in the top right-hand corner. Click that to log in.
If Central Committee members have any trouble accessing the website, please contact Susan Lee Barton.
Not a member of Central Committee?
If you're interesting in learning more about how the work of FGC is guided by Friends, you can contact your Yearly Meeting's nominating committee, or you can let the FGC nominating committee know about your interests and skills by signing up here.
When does the Central Committee meet?
The full Central Committee meets once per year in October.
Who attends Central Committee meetings?
- Each FGC-affiliated yearly meeting can appoint representatives to the FGC Central Committee.
- Each directly affiliated monthly meeting can appoint one representative.
- The Central Committee co-opts some members for specific tasks.
- Some subcommittees invite members and resource people to come. They are invited to participate in discussions, but they do not participate in the Central Committee's final decision-making. Their committee funds their travel to the Central Committee meeting.
- FGC staff and affiliated yearly meeting staff are invited to attend.
- Other Friends' organizations are invited to send observers.
Can I volunteer for FGC without being on the Central Committee?
Absolutely! We have many subcommittees at work throughout the year, as well as short-term and long-term tasks unrelated to a committee. See our Service Opportunities page for more information.