Schedule of Upcoming Meeting Events
Upcoming Meeting Events
Sunday, Sept 19 – 9:45a Forum Topic: Ministry and Counsel: What is our source of Joy. As humans, our brains are "wired" to notice problems, or work to fix problems, or keep track of concerns. We invite Friends to sink into experiencing and noticing Joy as a way of spiritual deepening. In preparation for this conversation, please consider these queries:
1. Do you differentiate between happiness and joy? 2. When in your life have you been surprised by an experience of joy? 3. What in your life brings you joy? 4. What is the source of your joy? 5. How often are other people involved in your joy.
October 3, 2021 - 9:45am: Farley Center Fall Retreat: The Farley Center is holding their annual Fall Festival from 10:30-2:30pm. Pick apples, wash apples, slice apples and press the apples in the 180 year old cider press! Come join us on a tour of the Natural Path Sanctuary, farm or bees. Listen to music and have a great time! And more!
October 10, 2021 – 9:45am: Meeting for Worship with Attention to Business
October 17, 2012 - 10am: FDS Treinen Corn Maze Event (rain date 10/24)
September 23 at 7:00 - Evensong Service with Paula Rogge leading the presentation. Register here: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZcrcOisrDssG9AmaXB_n7KQ3_sxS_StoqOY
Please email [email protected] if you are interested or have any questions.
September 29, 2021 from 5:30—6:30PM - “Quaker Peace Advocacy in Two Decades of War,” - The event is free and requires advance registration at: https://www.fcnl.org/events/quaker-peace-advocacy-two-decades-war
Friday October 8th - Sunday, October 10, 2021: NYM Fall High School Retreat
Farley Center Events: https://farleycenter.org/events/
*SEE EVENTS FOR LOGIN DETAILS*
*Virtual Meetings for Worship, Business and Committees will be held by video or phone: Check Events for links to worship and programming. The Meetinghouse will be closed until further notice.
How to participate in virtual meetings with Zoom (created for NYM)
Every Sunday: 8:30 Meeting for Worship, 9:45 program or socializing, 11:15 Meeting for Worship. Children's programs start at 10:00.
Worship Meetings and the Gathering today use the same Zoom connection from a computer, tablet or smartphone: https://zoom.us/j/723937143?pwd=aUlsbVRsT1lkaldMNEJ3bkMxYXhjQT09 The link includes the password, but it is Quaker if you are asked.
From a phone (for just audio): 312-626-6799 and enter the Meeting ID: 723 937 143 # and then the password 888622
You will be muted when you enter the meeting.
First Day School activities: Please contact [email protected] for information and details.
ONGOING SCHEDULE and information when the Meetinghouse reopens in the future:
*Driving to Meeting: If you are able to walk to the Meetinghouse please park in the neighborhood: in the Monroe St Library lot or on West Lawn, Keyes or Rowley. First priority for Meetinghouse parking lot is for folks with mobility concerns!
- 8:30 am - Meeting for Worship
- 9:45 am - weekly except First Sundays: Socializing and Quaker Topic forums* (Brunch only during the school year, but often there are snacks at the Meetinghouse)
- 9:45 am - First Sundays: Monthly Meeting for Business on the Basis of Worship begins - Direct concerns to the presiding clerk ([email protected]) by Wednesday prior to Meeting. Childcare will be provided for children aged 6 weeks -10 years downstairs.
- 1st & 3rdD Sundays: Sand Ridge Meeting for Worship Group, 3981 County Road JJ, 767-2885
- 11:15 am - Meeting for Worship. First Day School classes and nursery, or when not in session there are activities and supervision for children downstairs during Meeting for Worship.
- 12:30 pm (1st Sunday) - Food Pantry Baskets picked up from beneath the coat rack
- 5:30 pm - Meeting for Worship
- 4:45 pm - Luke House Community Meal, 310 S. Ingersoll St. (1st Wednesday)
- 5:30 pm - Meeting for Worship
- 1:00 pm (1st Sunday) - PSEC Climate Change Subcommittee (all interested are welcome to attend!) Contact [email protected]
- 1:00 pm (4th Sunday) - PSEC Anti-racism subcommittee (all interested are welcome to attend!) Contact [email protected]
(Email committee clerks to verify times)
- 7:00 pm - Nominating Committee (1st Thursday)
- 6:30 pm - Finance Committee (2nd Thursday)
- 7:00 pm - Building & Grounds Committee (2nd Thursday)
- 7:00 pm - Care Committee (3rd Thursday)
- 7:00 pm - Ministry & Counsel(3rd Thursday)
*Friends are invited to lead or contribute ideas for the Gathering program. For Quaker Topics or other program scheduling, contact Eric Howland (233-7072, [email protected]).