Schedule of Upcoming Meeting Events
Upcoming Meeting Events
Sunday, December 5, 2021 – 9:45am: Meeting for Worship with Attention to Business
Future Meeting for Worship Information: Meetiing For Worship In Person Indoors held at: Seventh Day Adventist Church School 910 Femrite Drive Monona, WI 53716 - At 8:30 and 11:15 every two weeks until we are back in our meetinghouse Dec 12, 26, Jan 9, 23.
Classroom space for First Day School - Three Angels School and the address is 900 Femrite Dr. Everyone will enter the school building to the west of the church, Adults continue to the gym; children watch for signs: Note that another church will be in the main church building
Indoor in person MfW is approved by our Meeting Covid Committee - Masks required
Zoom MfW at 8:30 and 11:15 continues
Quaker Topics at 9:45 continues on Zoom
Farley Center Events: https://farleycenter.org/events/
First Tuesdays of the Month - 10am - Experiment with Light meditation for anyone who’d like to join us. Developed by Quaker author Rex Ambler, Experiment with Light recreates the practice of silent worship as it was originally engaged in by George Fox and other early Friends. Contact Albert Bellg (Winnebago Worship Group) at [email protected] for the Zoom link or to ask questions. You can find out more about the meditation at https://experiment-with-light.org.uk/about/
Fridays 11am - The Ministry on Racism is hosting a weekly Meeting for Worship for white Friends / Friends of European Descent confronting racism and White Supremacy. It will be held every Friday at 12 PM ET / 11 AM CT / 10 AM MT / 9 AM PT. It is in the care of a rotating team of co-facilitators. Registration required: https://www.tfaforms.com/482910
*SEE EVENTS FOR LOGIN DETAILS*
*Virtual Meetings for Worship, Business and Committees will be held by video or phone: Check Events for links to worship and programming. The Meetinghouse will be closed until further notice.
How to participate in virtual meetings with Zoom (created for NYM)
Every Sunday: 8:30 Meeting for Worship, 9:45 program or socializing, 11:15 Meeting for Worship. Children's programs start at 10:00.
Worship Meetings and the Gathering today use the same Zoom connection from a computer, tablet or smartphone: https://zoom.us/j/723937143?pwd=aUlsbVRsT1lkaldMNEJ3bkMxYXhjQT09 The link includes the password, but it is Quaker if you are asked.
From a phone (for just audio): 312-626-6799 and enter the Meeting ID: 723 937 143 # and then the password 888622
You will be muted when you enter the meeting.
First Day School activities: Please contact [email protected] for information and details.
ONGOING SCHEDULE and information when the Meetinghouse reopens in the future:
*Driving to Meeting: If you are able to walk to the Meetinghouse please park in the neighborhood: in the Monroe St Library lot or on West Lawn, Keyes or Rowley. First priority for Meetinghouse parking lot is for folks with mobility concerns!
- 8:30 am - Meeting for Worship
- 9:45 am - weekly except First Sundays: Socializing and Quaker Topic forums* (Brunch only during the school year, but often there are snacks at the Meetinghouse)
- 9:45 am - First Sundays: Monthly Meeting for Business on the Basis of Worship begins - Direct concerns to the presiding clerk ([email protected]) by Wednesday prior to Meeting. Childcare will be provided for children aged 6 weeks -10 years downstairs.
- 1st & 3rdD Sundays: Sand Ridge Meeting for Worship Group, 3981 County Road JJ, 767-2885
- 11:15 am - Meeting for Worship. First Day School classes and nursery, or when not in session there are activities and supervision for children downstairs during Meeting for Worship.
- 12:30 pm (1st Sunday) - Food Pantry Baskets picked up from beneath the coat rack
- 5:30 pm - Meeting for Worship
- 4:45 pm - Luke House Community Meal, 310 S. Ingersoll St. (1st Wednesday)
- 5:30 pm - Meeting for Worship
- 1:00 pm (1st Sunday) - PSEC Climate Change Subcommittee (all interested are welcome to attend!) Contact [email protected]
- 1:00 pm (4th Sunday) - PSEC Anti-racism subcommittee (all interested are welcome to attend!) Contact [email protected]
(Email committee clerks to verify times)
- 7:00 pm - Nominating Committee (1st Thursday)
- 6:30 pm - Finance Committee (2nd Thursday)
- 7:00 pm - Building & Grounds Committee (2nd Thursday)
- 7:00 pm - Care Committee (3rd Thursday)
- 7:00 pm - Ministry & Counsel(3rd Thursday)
*Friends are invited to lead or contribute ideas for the Gathering program. For Quaker Topics or other program scheduling, contact Eric Howland (233-7072, [email protected]).