Schedule of Upcoming Meeting Events - click here to see more
Feb 21, 2021, 9:45 am - Scott Fulton will share his story of his leading to volunteer with the Prairie Enthusiasts and how this relates to his spirituality. (Ministry & Counsel)
Feb 27, 2:00 pm - Memorial Meeting for Stan White. Get connection information
Feb 28, 2021: Quaker Topics: Charles Baraka recently spoke to older First Day School students about his family's experience coming to the US as refugees from Burundi. He returns to speak to Weekly Gathering.
Mar 7, 2021, 9:45 am - Meeting for Business - all welcome.
Mar 14, 2021, 9:45 am - Generational Wealth and the Black Homeownership Project (Peace, Social & Earth Concerns)
Mar 21, 2021, 9:45 am - Meeting's new queries: Marge Pifer and Dick Dubielzig will lead a discussion
*SEE EVENTS FOR LOGIN DETAILS*
*Virtual Meetings for Worship, Business and Committees will be held by video or phone: Check Events for links to worship and programming. The Meetinghouse will be closed until further notice.
How to participate in virtual meetings with Zoom (created for NYM)
Every Sunday: 8:30 Meeting for Worship, 9:45 program or socializing, 11:15 Meeting for Worship. Children's programs start at 10:00.
Worship Meetings and the Gathering today use the same Zoom connection from a computer, tablet or smartphone: https://zoom.us/j/723937143?pwd=aUlsbVRsT1lkaldMNEJ3bkMxYXhjQT09 The link includes the password, but it is Quaker if you are asked.
From a phone (for just audio): 312-626-6799 and enter the Meeting ID: 723 937 143 # and then the password 888622
You will be muted when you enter the meeting.
First Day School activities: Please contact [email protected] for information and details.
ONGOING SCHEDULE and information when the Meetinghouse reopens in the future:
*Driving to Meeting: If you are able to walk to the Meetinghouse please park in the neighborhood: in the Monroe St Library lot or on West Lawn, Keyes or Rowley. First priority for Meetinghouse parking lot is for folks with mobility concerns!
- 8:30 am - Meeting for Worship
- 9:45 am - weekly except First Sundays: Socializing and Quaker Topic forums* (Brunch only during the school year, but often there are snacks at the Meetinghouse)
- 9:45 am - First Sundays: Monthly Meeting for Business on the Basis of Worship begins - Direct concerns to the presiding clerk ([email protected]) by Wednesday prior to Meeting. Childcare will be provided for children aged 6 weeks -10 years downstairs.
- 1st & 3rdD Sundays: Sand Ridge Meeting for Worship Group, 3981 County Road JJ, 767-2885
- 11:15 am - Meeting for Worship. First Day School classes and nursery, or when not in session there are activities and supervision for children downstairs during Meeting for Worship.
- 12:30 pm (1st Sunday) - Food Pantry Baskets picked up from beneath the coat rack
- 5:30 pm - Meeting for Worship
- 4:45 pm - Luke House Community Meal, 310 S. Ingersoll St. (1st Wednesday)
- 5:30 pm - Meeting for Worship
- 1:00 pm (1st Sunday) - PSEC Climate Change Subcommittee (all interested are welcome to attend!) Contact [email protected]
- 1:00 pm (4th Sunday) - PSEC Anti-racism subcommittee (all interested are welcome to attend!) Contact [email protected]
(Email committee clerks to verify times)
- 7:00 pm - Nominating Committee (1st Thursday)
- 6:30 pm - Finance Committee (2nd Thursday)
- 7:00 pm - Building & Grounds Committee (2nd Thursday)
- 7:00 pm - Care Committee (3rd Thursday)
- 7:00 pm - Ministry & Counsel(3rd Thursday)
*Friends are invited to lead or contribute ideas for the Gathering program. For Quaker Topics or other program scheduling, contact Eric Howland (233-7072, [email protected]).