2021 - 05 (May) Meeting for Business Documents
Meeting for Worship for Business
May 16, 2021, 12:15 pm via Zoom
Agenda (See link to documents below)
- Opening Worship and Reading of Query for the Fifth Month
- Draft Proposed FY 2022 Budget
- Care and Counsel: Action items
- Hybrid Meeting for Worship
- Peace and Social Concerns: Recommendations for grants and donations
- Tuition Assistance
- Minutes for Approval: April
- Annual Reports due in June
- Religious Education
- Release date for July 17 is tomorrow
- Closing Worship
Query for the Fifth Month
Nurturing Our Community: Religious Education in the Home and Meeting
- How does our meeting prepare its members, attenders and children for worship, for the conduct of its business and for a way of life consistent with the principles of the Religious Society of Friends?
- What opportunities do we provide for all in the meeting to learn about Friends’ history, practices and testimonies, the Judeo-Christian tradition, the life and teachings of Jesus, and other religious traditions?
- How does our meeting’s religious education program provide experiential learning that enhances the sense of belonging to our worshipping community?
- How do I help create a home where all members of the family receive affection and understanding and where visitors are welcome?
- How does my manner of living enrich body, mind and spirit; enable all to learn what it means to live a life of Spirit-led commitment; and demonstrate a high regard for family, community and the integrity of creation?
- How do I engage with my family and others who are dear to me regarding such sensitive topics as death, faith, money, sex and drugs?