Tips for First Time Attenders of the FGC Gathering
- Attend one of the Zoom Basics classes for Gathering attenders.
- Friends attending by phone only will be emailed the Zoom phone numbers to use. You can dial into most events using these phone numbers.
Self-Care and Connection
Please attend one of the Welcome Sessions for First Time Attenders on Sunday, June 28 at 6:30pm eastern/3:30pm pacific or Monday, June 29 at 9:30pm eastern/6:30pm pacific. You can also practice your Zoom skills!
- Be sure to get plenty of rest. Some experienced attenders encourage afternoon naps. You can’t do everything!
- For many Friends, workshops provide a comfortable home base with friendships that develop out of sharing a common interest.
- Take a break from the computer. Stretch, go for a walk, call a friend.
Worship & Grounding
There are numerous opportunities for worship. Worship sessions are open to anyone who wishes to attend. They are not limited to members of the sponsoring group, unless they say so specifically. The worship sponsored by FLGBTQC (Friends for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer Concerns) is open to all Gathering attenders.
Resources from the First Time Attenders Welcome Session
Land acknowledgment information can be found at http://native-lands.ca and https://nativegov.org/a-guide-to-indigenous-land-acknowledgment/.
Here are the FGC Worship Sharing Guidelines.
Questions? Problems? Concerns?
If you experience technology difficulties, email the Gathering office at [email protected].
Feeling generally overwhelmed or confused? Email the First Time Attenders Committee at [email protected].