Standard Registration for the Gathering is now open. Workshop registration is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Wondering how a virtual Gathering works? Learn more here.
How to Register
Early registration was April 15 - 29, standard registration began May 6. Read these instructions before beginning registration.
- Decisions to Make Before Registering
- Allow Gathering Emails
- Registration Troubleshooting
- Specific Registration Tips
When you have made these decisions and prepared your email inbox for our messages, expect to spend 30 minutes to register one person, and 10-15 minutes for each subsequent person.
Choose your events package.
Choose your workshop(s). If you've chosen a package that includes workshops, you can choose from a workshop that meets several times on a single weekend day, once a day from Monday-Friday, or both! One-day workshops are on Sunday, June 27 and on Saturday, July 3. Week-long workshops are Monday through Friday, June 28 through July 2.
As of May 5, some workshop have filled. See workshop times and choices here. The workshop(s) you register for now are the workshop(s) that you will be in at the Gathering.
Any payment you make beyond Traditional Price is considered a donation to FGC and is tax deductible.
Email Addresses for all those you are registering. The 2021 Gathering is taking place on Zoom, and we'll be emailing the login and call-in information for the different events you are registered for. Please include the email addresses for each individual attending when you register.
Emergency Contact: Who do you want us to contact in the event of an emergency? We will ask you for a name and phone number.
Any donations? There will be an opportunity to decide whether you want to make a contribution toward the Gathering, the Bayard Rustin Fund, the Mahala Ashley Dickerson Fund, and/or the Green Meeting House Fund. If there is something different you had in mind for a donation, please contact the FGC Development Office.
Some Gathering registrants found that they missed important information because our emails went to their spam folder. We’ve made some changes to improve email delivery, but we need your help! Please take five minutes now to help us keep our emails out of your spam folder. You are not registered until you receive the Gathering registration confirmation letter!
If you are having troubles registering online, don't panic! Here are some tips:
- Scroll to the top of your screen to look for a red error message. If you missed answering a required question or didn’t use the required format (such as including a space or a letter when a number is required; or a second choice workshop during early registration), the form won’t let you proceed to the next page.
- We HIGHLY recommend registering from a laptop or desktop, rather than from a mobile device.
- Click “save” at the bottom of the registration page before going to look up information on the FGC website, and before continuing to the next page on your registration form.
- Having trouble making a partial payment on your credit card? Click “Needs staff processing (aid, refunds, adjustments)” as your payment option and call us with your credit card information.
- If you accidentally charge the wrong amount to your credit card and you already clicked “Finish”, please send us an email with the correct amount. We can cancel the wrong payment and make the correct payment for you. (Do not email your credit card number!! Just explain the error and the correct amount to charge.)
- If the form won’t let you finish and you can’t figure out why, click save and email [email protected] with a description of the problem. If you start the form during registration and email us about a problem, we can complete the form for you.
- Having trouble getting through to us by phone? All staff are working remotely at this time. Please leave a message so that we can contact you. Email is also helpful in communicating registration problems.
Ready to register? Start Registration for the Gathering! Or read the next set of tips, too!
Take two deep breaths before selecting "Save and Next" at the bottom of each page of the registration form.
While you wait, you may see some new questions appear!
Guests: Did you register for the 2020 Gathering with guests and choose to save their information? Your saved guest information can be accessed and used to register your guests! On the "Guest Information" page, click the button "Add Previous Guest" to re-use their contact information.
Steps to ensure your return to an incomplete registration. If you must leave your registration for more than 30 minutes before it is complete (1) click SAVE and (2) then close your browser window. When you return to our registration form, you must enter exactly the same name, email and contact type (age group) that you entered the first time. The form only saves information you entered for seven days, so please don't wait too long to finish the form!
If you registered by clicking "yes" on an email invitation, about an hour after you closed your browser window you should receive an email with a link that allows you to resume your registration anytime in the following week.
If you registered through a link on our website, it might take up to three days to receive an e-mail with a link to return to your registration. However, you can re-enter your registration at any time if you go back to our form and enter the exact same name, e-mail, and contact type so that our system can recognize you.
Having difficulty completing your registration? Answer questions to the best of your ability, complete the registration, and call or e-mail the Gathering Office to modify your registration (e.g., change an answer, add a person, add a pre-Gathering event).
How to modify your complete registration. You may return to your complete registration to change your program choices or add a pre-Gathering event. Read more.
You Only Know You've Registered When...
... you receive a Gathering registration confirmation email from [email protected] or [email protected] See "allow Gathering email" to make sure you receive the confirmation. If you do not receive the confirmation email, contact the Gathering Office for help.