Each month, FGC distributes two monthly digital newsletters to share updates and information about FGC and QuakerBooks - Vital Friends and Book Musings. Below is the introductory text and links to our January 2020 newsletters for friends.
For many Friends, Quaker spirituality is the foundation upon which their activism is built. In our first issue of 2020, we're featuring stories of Friends who follow leadings to witness for urgent causes affecting our world, as well as resources to inspire new and long-practicing spirit-led activists.
Additionally, our special double issue has lots of opportunities for faith and fellowship to fill your calendar in the coming months, like the White Privilege Conference, our Spiritual Deepening eRetreats, and events from Quakers Uniting in Publications and Pendle Hill. Friends will also appreciate this issue's update from the Institutional Assessment Implementation Committee, which examines the concept of intersectionality and it impacts the committee's work.
In the Light,
Communications Staff at FGC
Have a submission for a future issue of this newsletter, or want to know when the next issue will arrive in your inbox? Check out the Vital Friends editorial calendar for Fiscal Year 2020.
In this issue:
- Spirit-Led Activism: Inspirational Friends and Resources
- Explore workshops for FGC Gathering 2020: Way Will Open
- Faith in our Future: Aurelio Anderson
- Spiritual Deepening eRetreat Schedule Released for 2020
- White Privilege Conference: Register to attend with FGC Friends
- FGC's Anti-Racism Ministry: January/February 2020 Update
- Mark Your Calendar: QUIP Conference and J. Brent Bill at Pendle Hill